This quote is an embodiment of what I am, what i fear pales in comparison to what i have to love, as a future marine, fear is just a passing emotion, something to be pushed aside and dealt with after you have accomplished your assigned task. as one of my ex-marine friends said, "I would rather have one scared but vigilante marine with me than 10 who are ready to die for their country. Much better to be known as the guy who pissed in his pants and finished the mission alive than the guy who tried to be a hero and was shot for his (i removed an expletive begging with F here) idiocy.
Oo-Rah and Semper Fidelis
Good thought. Thanks for keeping out words...keep it appropriate...hard with being a passionate Marine I know:)
ReplyDeleteyea, just a little, but i only hafta do it for a couple of years. then it dont matter, just personal choice.
ReplyDelete